We believe stories can change the world and we are calling on your creative abilities to help spread our message!
We all know that saying ‘pictures speak a thousand words’, so please help us take a united stand against harmful practices through The POWER of Art.
We may use your artwork within our publications, website or social media and this is a great opportunity to support social change!
We invite you to submit artwork which can include: drawing, painting, photography, mixed media, oil/chalk pastels, block/ink print, digital art, collage, contemporary craft, weaving/tapestry and original short film. All submissions must fulfil the following criteria:
- Theme – The POWER of Art – The concept of ‘honour’ is used as a way of maintaining power and control over others, especially women and girls. This Art Competition is a chance to use The POWER of Art to raise awareness and take a united stand against ‘honour’-based abuse. (Option to write some short text / description next to your work if you’d like.)
- Must not include any religious/ political symbols
- Must not include any graphic imagery that could re-traumatise survivors of harmful practices (such as blood or blades)
How to enter
Please share your original artwork (if digital) or photograph of your artwork via email to Dot Pritchard (Senior Project Coordinator) on firstname.lastname@example.org
The final date for submission is Tuesday 20th July 2021
Terms and conditions
- Invitation is open to everyone 13+ (all countries, all ages, all genders). Entries will be judged in age group categories (13 – 17 and 18+).
- The winner will receive a gift voucher and their artwork will also be featured on our publications, website and social media.
- Please note all artwork will be reviewed and we cannot guarantee the use of your artwork within our publications, website or social media.
- Entrants give permission for their work to be displayed or reproduced in associated publicity. First names and ages of artists will be disclosed unless you request otherwise.
- Please do not send us the original artwork and Oxford Against Cutting does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to artwork.
- This invitation is from Oxford Against Cutting and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or LinkedIn.
- This is an unpaid opportunity.
Many thanks and good luck!
Kindly sponsored by: