Supporting children to understand the difference between arranged and forced marriages and how they can support each other if they are being forced into marriage.
Who is the workshop for?
Year 6 students upwards
What is included?
– What is marriage?
– Film – Fascinating wedding traditions around the world
– The stories of Aiysha and Yasmin
– Consenting to marriage (understanding the difference between arranged and forced marriages)
– Harms of forced marriage
– Reasons why forced marriage happens
– The law
– Warning signs
– What to do if you’re worried about a friend
– Help and support
Who will deliver the workshop?
All our lessons are delivered by two facilitators, with one facilitator from an affected community.
Feedback from children at Knowles Primary School, Milton Keynes:
‘The lesson taught me a lot!’
‘I found the lesson really interesting and it helped my understanding’